SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
writersblock_gw

GE Profile convection micro or advantium 120

A friend of mine just purchased a condo with a tiny 6 x 10 kitchen that can't be expanded. An OTR recirculating microhood is unavoidable, and she's pondering on getting some kind of convection/micro to use pretty much as her main oven, although she'll have a regular non-convection oven in the range. (She's not big on bread baking or anything like that.)

The KA convection micro sticks out too much (I've seen one in a different unit in the building), and this is a real budget kitchen fixup, so that lets out the high-end brands. Between the advantium 120 and the GE profile convection micro, which is a better choice? AFAIK, those are the only two brands available locally at a reasonable price, and she's not big on buying appliances from the internet. I guess the velos would also be a contender if she could find a dealer around here. I realize the advantium 240 is a great choice, but she doesn't want to add the extra circuit for it.

I just have a plain old countertop micro and don't have any experience with any of the above, so I'd really appreciate hearing from those who have them.

Comments (4)