SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petestein1

GE 120V Wall Advantium Oven? Sharp Microwave drawer? Opinions?

Peter Steinberg
15 years ago

Folks-

I'm renovating a kitchen and will have a 48" range with 1 large and 1 small oven (whether gas or electric, TBD -- I was thinking all gas, but now I'm not so sure.)

I'll have a microwave as well that has to mount *under* the counter. Because of this location, a drawer or bottom-hinged door is much preferred over a side-hinged door.

That seems to immediately eliminate most microwaves but bring a ton of the micro/convection ovens into play.

And I have to say, the thought of have a 3rd oven for those 2 or 3 times a year is appealing -- especially since 1 of the other 2 ovens is small and both are under the range where it will be a little crowded.

So... my head was spinning with the various options from all the high-end brands (I'm new to most of them) when I came across the GE Advantium Microwave/"speed"oven. (I know it's not a real speed overn.)

And I have a friend who swears by his Sharp microwave drawer.

Ideas? Opinions? What do people think?

Also, over on Consumer Reports there are multiple complaints of an inaccessible light bulb burning out on the Advantiums within weeks of purchase and they're not covered by warranty and cost ~$100 to replace due to the service call. Any experience with this?

Much thanks in advance.

-Peter

-Peter

Comments (3)