SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trent_floog

Advantium OTR 120 vs. Regular Convection OTR

Trent Floog
8 years ago

I'm moving along with out new build, and thanks to everyone here, have decided on an induction range for our small galley kitchen. Now I'm between getting an Advantium or the GE profile convection/microwave as my OTR.

I originally wanted a double oven freestanding range, but the GE doesn't make that. I like the idea of using the Advantium as a second mini-oven for stuff like side dishes, and garlic bread, etc. at the most 1-2 times a month. We have 2 kids, 8 and 9, so I do make frozen stuff for just the two of them several times a week with the crazy schedules. I microwave frozen vegetables 4 nights a week during the busy days.

Already busting the budget for the Induction range, I quickly found myself looking at the 240v Advantium. But with the induction needing a 40 amp circuit, central air, and an electric dryer, I'm wondering if I'm using too many "big" electric items already. (It's a 2 story 1900 sq ft house.) we're upgrading from 100 amp service to 200.

So I wonder if the 120v is even worth it if I'm not stretching all the way to the 240v? As a part time second oven, is there enough benefit to the Advantium vs. the regular convection? Counter space is limited, so I'm avoiding a toaster oven.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths