SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cookvsclean

Advantium 120 OTR Preheat times & other Q's

cookvsclean
9 years ago

Hi,
Looking to replace OTR micro with an Advantium 120. We have a gas range/oven and during the summer it is too hot to turn it on. Would love to use speed and convection in the Advantium but have not been able to pin down the preheat times for convection. From my research regular micro/convection ovens rarely get used as convection because of long preheat. That's why I was looking at the Advantium. In speed cook it appears you do not have to preheat but what about using only convection? I would like to roast vegetables, reheat leftovers, bake small things toast bread and rolls. Bake lasagna. There is only so much I can cook on the grill in the summer. So if I go ahead and pay all this extra will I actually use it? My husband just wants our microwave back so he can have plastic popcorn. (I like making it on the stove) So any Advantium owners out there what are your preheat times and does it really matter can you put your stuff in while it's preheating like in an oven? And the other thing I can't find out is do you have to wait for the oven to cool before switching to microwave only? Thanks so much!

Comment (1)