SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
techno_mommy

Advantium vs. GE micro/convect

techno_mommy
15 years ago

I need to replace my 30 year old GE 27" oven w/micro wall unit. I'm looking at a single GE Profile oven with either an Advantium or GE micro/convect unit (w/trim kit) above. The Advantium is twice the price, but have been told people love them. Also, its width is 27", so no trim kit required. However, from reading some posts, I'm concerned about the cost of repairs.

Currently, I don't use the 30 YO micro because I don't trust it. So, I have a $35 Target special on the countertop (which works just fine), a toaster oven, and my wall oven. I actually use my toaster oven quite frequently for melting cheese and reheating things. I'd love to reclaim some counterspace and can pick up a regular toaster for the times we actually make toast.

Other than the obvious price difference, what are the pros and cons of the Advantium and micro/convect units? I am willing to consider other solutions, but this seems to fit my price point. I'm working with a reputable GE scratch & dent dealer. He told me the units carry the manufacturers warranty.

Comment (1)