SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medha_nanal

Outdoor grill advice needed for dummy with specific cooking needs

homey_bird
13 years ago

Hi,

We are in the market to buy an outdoor grill. This thread is not relative to which brand per se, but regarding how to pick the right grilling capacity/features for my lifestyle.

We are a family who will be grilling fillets and kabobs on the grill with chicken and seafood. However, even more frequently we would be throwing vegetables on this grill -- this I suspect will happen almost daily and with any and all vegetables we can find, since our family is almost vegetarian and loves veggies.

We will not do rotesserie or any other fancy type of grilling -- it's just not our lifestyle and we do not eat meat so much.

When I check out grills, I find that they throw numbers at you such as 4x13K BTU burners and stuff. I always wonder if there is a magic formula to determine how much BTU capacity I need, given that I grill veggies and relatively tender meats.

Can someone please help me figure this out? Also if there are any features that would be particularly useful or useless for my cooking, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (23)