SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chloenkitty_gw

Novice cook needs help picking stove please

chloenkitty
10 years ago

Hello everyone. Help!!!!!, I cannot cook and need a stove and don't know a lot about them.

My husband and I are building a home and I want/need to get better at cooking since we will no longer be a stones throw away from restaurants. Also, I should know how to cook, I just really dislike it, at least I love to clean :). I do like things to look nice, so I like the look of an industrial stove in stainless and do not like a lot of black on front or top of stove. Current stove is gas with all black on top and it makes me crazy cleaning it. From what catches my eye, of course it's the expensive stoves like viking and wolf. The ge cafe series looks nice, but I've read negatives too. The house plans call for a regular oven (gas) that I guess would be slide in and a wall oven with microwave on top. How silly to have all those when I can't cook, but again, want to learn. I guess it's nice for holidays. I do not understand convection, didn't know what dual fuel was, etc., so as you can see, I'm lost. Considering the look I like and that I am totally clueless, is there anyone who would be willing to have pity on me lol and maybe lead me in the right direction of what I should get and explain what I need in a way I'd understand it since I don't know a lot of the terms used for ovens, etc. I don't want to just go to a store and say I need a gas oven as this is the first time in a newly built home and we are trying to make it nice. I'd truly appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Comments (31)