SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faleash

Help~ Gas cooking virgin needs reassurance

faleash
14 years ago

I've waited a long time for this amazing new kitchen and now we're "almost" done. I spent tons of time researching which ovens and which gas cooktop was right for us. Today the gas guy connected the cooktop (Dacor 5 burner) and he was excited by it's virtues... I heard mumbling of something like "Oooo individual igniters, automatic relighting, great power" etc., but I was hypnotized by the flame! I've only ever had electric coil... growing up and in the 20 years I've been married. All my friends have gas and for years I've heard "once you get gas, you won't ever go back!" Only one single appliance salesguy threw in "Have you considered induction?" and that was too late in my process to rethink things. Then I found this forum and have read many interesting related threads and started to doubt myself. I am hoping some of you can just ease my mind (even if you have to lie!!) that I'm going to love my new gas cooktop. I'm kinda scared of it! Will I learn how to use it? Will I or my 14 year old daughter who loves to cook (and tells me she uses gas all the time when she babysits.... the mother is always the last to know!) catch our sleeves on fire?? Please please tell me I did good!!!

Comments (25)