SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilmbg

Cell phone using data like crazy!

ilmbg
11 years ago

Anyone have good knowledge of android phone?
I have TMobile . Never never get TMobile. Never Never Never!
I have had TMobile prepay for 1 year.
About 2-3 weeks into the month I get a message that I have used 80mb of data. Then a few days/week or so later I get a message that I have used 100mb of data. No problem.
Yesterday I noticed my phone used a lot of battery and I had to recharge it.
Today at about 6pm I paid my bill. The new month started at 0001 January 10 (about 3 hours ago).
At 0109(9 minutes after 1am) I get a message that I used 100mb of data!!
I do not have Facebook, Twitter, listen to music, watch tv..... GPS is off. I did not use navigation. In fact, I did not use the phone at all after midnight!
I looked at my preloaded apps...they were ALL running. I realize the preloads use a small amount. Fine.
When I go to: applications/settings/running/click on any one app/stop, they all keep running. I am not sure they ALL should keep running!
When I called 611/tmobile, they try telling me that what I have downloaded is using that much data.
Bulls*%#.
I have not changed anything in a year.
In fact, I have used the web less than usual this past 3weeks because I bought the ipad, and am trying to get used to it.
What could have happened to my phone that could cause this?
I don't want to have to do a master reset, because I have to handwrite all my reminder notes and other stuff that won't go to sd card.
Other than going to the store to have them look at my phone, I don't know what else to do. And Tmobile is NOT a customer friendly company.
I am the one who just found out 2 weeks ago that they sold me a used phone....I was buying a new phone. I am waiting for a copy of the original paperwork now....
Any ideas?
Thanks...soooo frustrated. Mad. Wound up. Disgusted with Tmobile. Too much more to say, and the words are not nice.

Comment (1)