SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurabethmsw

Wanting suggestions for floor plan changes

Laura Clardy
10 years ago

Please help us figure this out! We are wanting some suggestions on how to tweak this almost perfect plan to meet our family's needs.

I think the master closet is a brilliant idea with the closed cabinets that would keep everything look so clean BUT it just won't work for our family so we need to change it.

We use the "family closet" meaning all of our clothing gets put away in the laundry room. Then we all go grab our clothes before we shower. So that we can continue this in the new house, I want all that master cabinet space to be IN the laundry with plenty of room to leave out a full size ironing board. It would be nice if I could still keep a small closet in the master bedroom for our formal clothes that don't get used often.

and

We want separate his and her master bathrooms. They don't have to be huge and we both want walk-in showers with no tubs. I wonder if we could have a door to each bathroom on both sides of the bed which will be on the longest wall?

If small but functional bathrooms and larger laundry fit in the space that would be GREAT! But we aren't against adding square footage if necessary. There really aren't any site restrictions.

Thank you all for your time and input. It is greatly appreciated!-Laura

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to plan

Comments (10)