SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vitiminj_gw

House plan suggestions wanted

vitiminj
14 years ago

Hello all. Great forum. I like seeing all of the different plans and hearing all the suggestions. Which is why I'm posting our plan.

A little background about our family. My wife & I have 4 kids (3 step daughters to me 11, 13, 15) and our son is 2. We have outgrown the house we are currently due to lack of bedrooms. Two people per room. Our eat in kitchen is small and we need to bring in extra chairs to eat each night. Bathrooms seems to be a problem as well. There is line in the mornings with 4 girls. Other then that we have 3 living areas including our finished basement that we use daily. Its great for slumber parties also. Sleeps plenty and gets the noise away for our room. The basement in the new house will not be finished right away. Something we plan to do within a year of moving in.

Th plan seems to have everything we want except another living area. We have width restrictions on the lot. 55' max. The plan gives us all a bedroom and plenty of bathrooms.

Changes - The building we are talking with currently thinks a morning room with a larger angled island will be possible with our budget. I would also like to get a little room in between the stove & fridge. I see pot handles getting in the way.

Master Bath - Where the sink is will be the new water closet. Tub is coming out and dual shower is be put in. Double sink where the toilet is and the shower will be a second closet.

Closet next to the pantry will be left open so I can build some mudroom type lockers.

I think that's it. I'm sure I will think of something as soon as I post though. Looking forward to your thoughts and comments.

http://freepdfhosting.com/ba966a9694.pdf

Thanks

Comments (5)