SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tetrazzini

Miele Inspira, Advanta dishwasher Q's: cleaning, drying, etching?

tetrazzini
15 years ago

I'm replacing an 11 year old KA and am looking to buy either the Miele Inspira or Advanta. Can anyone tell me if the passive drying system (Advanta) works better or worse than the condensation system (Inspira)? I'm used to plastic things and bottoms of glasses having water on them and I can live with that. But I've read about people having dripping wet dishes in some new DW's, and I wonder if that occurs with these models.

As far as etching goes, the customer service person I spoke with agreed that it can happen with soft water if too much detergent is used. No more than 1 1/2 T should be used for a full load. Neither of these models has a water softener built into it. Do any of you with soft water who measure the detergent have etching problems anyway? Does it occur only with hotter cycles?

Is this etching problem unique to Miele dishwashers?

Finally, our KA, when new, promised no pre rinsing was needed. It absolutely IS necessary, or the dishes don't clean at all. Is there really a DW out there that cleans without pre-rinsing?! Is either of my choices one of them? Or is there another brand that cleans better?

Thanks for your help.

Comments (8)