SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ynnej_gw

I think I may hate my Kirby

ynnej
12 years ago

DH let a Kirby salesman in, swearing to me that he wouldn't buy one, that he just wanted to help this salesman win a trip to Vegas. They did the whole sand on the carpet trick, and of course it picked up more than our Dyson. They came at the perfect time, as I just so happened to be on my hands and knees scrubbing our tile floor. They ranted about how I would never have to do that again if I had a Kirby. Several obviously fake phone calls were made as DH haggled with the salesman's supervisor, and the price was brought down to $1000, with the agreement that they could have our Dyson. Yes, the Kirby does work better than the Dyson- but not much. Every time I see it pass over something on the carpet I want to rip my hair out for buying such an expensive machine. The shampooer made our carpets stink. DH looked it up and apparently the company claims that these smells are actually old smells that have been brought to the surface and that that means it's working. Well, if we are going to have carpet odor I would prefer it not be brought to the surface! We've repeated shampooing and they still reek. And the tile? Well, it buffs it. Certainly doesn't clean it. So my knees are in no better shape than before we got it. However, we have had to buy a new vacuum practically every year. If Kirby's hold up as well as they say they do, I suppose it will have been worth it. But it does have me wondering, does anyone else have Kirby regret?

Comments (6)