SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmgard_gw

Okay I think I HATE my granite! Stained already!!

kmgard
14 years ago

We finally got our granite installed after weeks of not having a counter top at all. I wanted quartz, but it was more expensive than granite, which is what my husband wanted. We ended up with coast green, which really does look beautiful installed. But we've only had it 2 days, and we've had company all weekend so things have been very hectic. I used my Cuisinart stove-top griddle to make everyone dinner last night, and while I cleaned EVERYTHING else after dinner, I let that sit open to cool and forgot about it overnight. I closed it this morning to clean it, and saw that olive oil had somehow spilled down the side and under the handle and sat on the granite ALL night. now there is a huge dark stain.

I've read a couple remedies online but I'm afraid to try anything! I know most of you would probably never let anything like this happen to your granite, and I should've known I wasn't cut out for a "high-er maintenance" countertop, but it's too late now. Luckily it's on a very small area and would be less expensive to replace than if it had happened on one of my larger slabs, but still! I'd hate for it to come to that so soon...

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!