SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brenk_gw

I think I hate my Stepdaughter

brenk
16 years ago

I'm so confused and lost and don't know where to turn...maybe I just need somebody to vent to since this is a subject I can't talk to my husband about. I have 2 boys that live with their father most of the time, a 5 year old stepdaughter that my husband has full custody of and we have a 1 year old daughter together and I am pregnant with our second. It's constantly a struggle trying to maintain a normal household when my SD is here for our 5 days. She is only 5 years old, but let me tell you, this girl can manipulate her father til she's blue in the face. It's amazing and he doesn't even see it. The problems occur usually when she comes back home from her mother's who is a bigger manipulator than her. I have had CPS called on me 3 times, eash time they dropped the case saying that it's obvious there is no abuse in the home. Even still, this is just stress that I don't need nor do I feel I should have to deal with it. She will cry when I leave the room and tell her dad that I am mean to her, even though I said not one word to her. If I discipline her, Im being mean, but yet I'm home with her 5 days a week. I'm the parent she is with the most yet I have to walk on egg shells around her so I don't upset her? That's bull! She has physically harmed my baby girl. She has tried to smother her with a pillow, she went into the laundry room and got the cleaning supplies and sprayed Clorox into her mouth when she was 4 months old. She is always trying to push or kick her when someone turns their head and I am sick of it. My husband acts like I making it a bigger deal than it is but I think the opposite. What if she hurt her so bad, she had to go to the hospital? They would probably take my baby away from me. I have thought about telling my husband either his daughter or me but I know I will lose and so will our 2 children we have together. I'm unsure what to do at this point. He doesn't see it the same way I do and I'm at my wits end.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!