SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
graceshan_gw

help with dental moulding on exterior bump out... pics included!

graceshan
12 years ago

So the front of our house has dental moulding and I really love it:

The above photo is with primer only but it's actually painted white. For some reason I don't have a photo of the whole house after paint I guess, but here's a partial pic:

So for the bump out above the garage, we were supposed to have something similar but I realized they had done this instead (again, not painted yet):

I'm just not sure I like it as it feels so much different from the front. Our builder said it's because the dentals could only go against the house and not around the edge of the bumpout. But I'm thinking if there was another piece of trim under there the dentals could be attached to it and then go around the edge. Am I really off base here? I couldn't find pics of dentals on a bump out to show my builder, but just these with a partial overhang (and our plans which show that we wanted dentals on the bumpout:

So he says we'll meet to discuss the dentals further. I want to be armed with info supporting my cause. Any opinions on the matter?? Would another piece of white wood under the bumpout with dentals on it work out? Has anyone seen pics of something like this?

Thanks for any input :)

Shannon

Comments (3)