SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
racheldiane

tile laying disaster--need advice asap!

13 years ago

We're having a bathroom renovation disaster.

Our contractor laid down our beautiful 1 inch honed carrara hex tiles yesterday and did a horrible job!!

The tiles touch where the sheets meet up, meaning that they aren't evenly spaced. The tiles we bought have kind of large spaces for grout (about 1/8th inch), so it's really noticeable where the sheets meet up. There are these weird lines going each direction where tiles don't have spaces between them.

The contractors are already a week behind schedule, and now I just don't know what to do. I don't have funds to purchase all new floor tiles if these are ruined. They've already ruined more than the 10% overage I bought, and I just found out this morning I need another box of tiles.

I checked the tiles and it seems like they're stuck in place. Are we beyond the point of no return and I'm just going to be stuck with a bathroom floor that looks poorly tiled?

I'm so disappointed I don't know what to do. I feel like I spent enough money on this renovation that I shouldn't have to settle for a job poorly done. All I can say is thank goodness we decided to go with light gray grout instead of dark gray, which would have made it even more obvious.

Comments (18)