SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cz_scrap

Very preliminary plan from architect

cz_scrap
11 years ago

So excited but also "nervous" (not quite the word but can't come up with a better one at the moment) about starting this project that we've dreamed about for the past 6 years. Our lot slopes to the right so the garage will be even with the main floor of the house, guest rooms, exercise room etc. will be underneath. We emailed our architect with basic room sizes and he put together this preliminary plan. House came in at roughly 3100 sq feet. He gently asked us if we wanted a house that big-NO, as we are trying to downsize! We were hoping for 2400. So, obviously, lots of adjustments will need to be made. There is an ocean view off to the right of the plan-which is why the room is shaped that way. We are up high enough to see over the house across the street. I'm intrigued with the kitchen shape but unsure if having the angles means wasted space/less space-would a more rectangular/ square be more efficient? I think the angle on the upper right side gives me a view of the ocean too-any thoughts? Again, this is the first drawing so it is really just to give us a starting point.Thanks for any ideas.

Comments (7)