SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ehs20815

Help! Do I have enough clearance between sink & toilet?

ehs20815
16 years ago

I am remodeling a small powder room in my 1928 house. We gutted the original 3 x 5 space and now have a 3 x 6 space. The only problem is that my GC originally told me I would have a 3 x 6.5, so I'm now worried that the fixtures, which have all been delivered to my house already, are going to be too big.

In the space, the toilet (Toto Ultramax round front, 26.5 inches front to back) and the sink (Porcher Archive pedestal, 21.5 inches front to back) are placed on the 3' wall sections, facing eachother. The door is on one of the long walls, with an outswing 24" door.

I'm freaking out that the sink is too deep (from front to back) for the room, with only about 23" between the toilet and the front of the sink. The code seems to require a min of 22", but I'm wondering if our space is too tight for real world living conditions. What do you all think? Should I find a sink that is less deep front to back, and if so, any recommendations? Should I leave it alone? Worst case, I can use the pedestal elsewhere in my house or try to sell it...

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Comments (4)