SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamingoftheup

Lake house floor plan thoughts

DreamingoftheUP
10 years ago

No firm plans at the moment, but am in the dreaming stage with a potential build in the 5 year time range. I've more or less given up with existing homes after a 4 year search. Requirements are a simple, 3 bedroom year-round house. I'm single and would use one bedroom for an office and the second bedroom for guests. Not large, but nice-sized, easy-to-live-in rooms. If the lot allows, I'd have a walk-out basement; if not, then just a plain basement.

For floor plans, I really like the idea of having the non-bedroom areas of the house all on the lakeside. One drawback is that the house would face north. When I was looking for existing homes, I only found one that I really liked and it was almost identical to the following floor plan. It did not have the clerestory windows which would be nice for added light (I think) since they would face south. Unfortunately, that deal fell through. Floor plan 1

I've also discovered plans similar to the following, with every room on lakeside and only one floor with everything connected by a long hall. Floor plan 2

Thoughts? Pros and cons of the general layout of each? Any better floor plan for a lakeside view?

Comments (6)