SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
milosmom_gw

OT , the reason I've been missing for ...well... awhile *pic*

milosmom_gw
11 years ago

Hello Ladies :). *waving*

I've been missing for what seems like forever again and probably won't ever catch up. I took the shelter job temperarily full time when 2 staff members were fired. After logging 70 hours a week for almost a month, thankfully hiring was done and a long nap was completed, I'm now able to get back to "playing".

Now ... to the main reason I've been absent shy of the long hours.

almost 1 yr ago, I brought home a very sick little pug man that had a very low prospect of getting adopted due to his medical conditions.He cost us a fortune and still has residual heart/lung problems from being HW+ but he's doing very well overall and is a highly vocal & prominent member of our fur-kid pack.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago.... A horrified crying lady came running into the office with a tiny terrible looking ball of fur. She said the poor little thing was thrown out of a moving car in front of their house. Arrrrghhh!

I wasn't even sure what I was looking at to be honest as I took the little angel from her. After cleaning it up , I realized it was a tiny senior Pomeranian girl who was in horrific shape. Skin and bones , eaten up in fleas, half her hair gone, goopy icky eyes , and an untreated injury on her face that had been infected for who knows how long. Off to the vet post haste!! The vet who recieved her is the most compassionate person I know and even she had doubts. I asked her to at least try and left the poor thing behind.

4 days of antibiotics ,lots of food and nutrition replacement substance , and a bite to the vets hand earning her a big star on her chart - she was returned to us. I was tasked to be her caregiver and almost immediatly knew I was sunk sunk sunk. I made it 2 days , called the DH and told him I was bringing her home.

(cont next post)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions