SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Ensuite tile and finish help pls! Decision overload

ontariomom
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am finding choosing tiles for our ensuite bath to be very difficult. I know I want blue of some shade in our master bedroom. I prefer cool colours and don't like tans, earthy colours, etc. Can anyone suggest a good tile that would speak to the blue in the master bedroom? As per counters, I was thinking of Cambria Parys which has nice blues in it. Below is the Cambria Parys counter and the floor plan. I also plan to have the vanity painted off white (SW Alabaster colour).

To complicate matters, we will have a small corner fireplace in our master bedroom that we want to have a timeless surround for. That fireplace surround needs to speak to the ensuite finishes (tile, counters, paint colours, etc). I have included a picture of the fireplace when it was installed in the store. The brick surround was just what the fireplace store chose.

Any ideas of good tiles? I need a main floor tile, shower wall tile (could be the same tile), shower floor tile and back splash tile around vanity. Also, any thoughts on the fireplace surround material that would speak to the hard surfaces in the ensuite? Both the ensuite tiles and the fireplace surround must go well with blue as there will be blue in the master bedroom and likely on the ensuite walls as well as the counters.

I would be very grateful to any help you can provide on this bathroom. We are remodelling a whole house and finishing an addition and I am beyond burnt out with decision making. Thanks!!!

Carol

Counter possibility:

Here is the fireplace that will go into the ensuite. I need a surround that speaks to the finishes in my ensuite. Ignore the surround shown in the picture, that was just how they had it installed in the store.

Here is a rough floor plan of the bath. We have made some minor changes (e.g. no sink in toilet room, linen closet opens now to master bedroom), but it gives you an idea of the space we are dealing with.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz