SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newbuyer06

New Home Construction-Lighting Placement Issues

newbuyer06
16 years ago

I'm currently having a home built and I'm supposed to take delivery at the end of March. I haven't done my pre-settlement walkthrough yet, but the salesperson let me enter the home today so I could see the current status of the home.

Everything is complete except for a few odds and ends. Upon doing a quick inspection, I noticed that the canned (recessed) lighting I had added to the kitchen is set up somewhat strangely.

There are 4 lights in the center of the kitchen and they should basically be arranged in a square. Three of the "points" are in perfect alignment, but the fourth light is strangely off centered in comparison to the rest. It is about 3 inches too far to the right.

I know this sounds like a small complaint, but to me it really throws off the symmetry of the ceiling. When I do my walkthrough, can I demand that the location of this last light be corrected so that the lights arrange in a perfect square?

Are there other electrical considerations which could FORCE the electrician to make that slightly skewed placement?

Thank you for your suggestions! I'm sure I'll ask more questions before the settlement.

Comments (3)