SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enroute_gw

BainUltra Amma AirTub - need help with faucet placement

enroute
15 years ago

I've just had the BainUltra Amma 7242 Oval drop-in tub installed into a granite top. I was going to install the faucet equipment on the front corners, but the faucets are too short to reach over that big "headrest" on both ends without the water flowing onto the full-length armrests on both sides. If it is placed closer to the ends, it gets in your face when you are in the tub. My plumber suggests drilling the holes through the actual tub. The curved ends are not an option because they are not level.

The best option I see is in the middle and on the tub. I am not crazy about having it there because it now extends into the tub so when two people use the tub it's a nice little "centerpiece"! I'd say it extends 25% across the width. There are five items to install. Faucet, Hot, Cold, Hand Spray, Spray diverter.

Sorry for the lengthy explanation. This is the first time I've posted anywhere! Has anyone else installed this tub or seen it installed? Any design suggestions are welcome.

The faucet link is below and there is also a spray and diverter.

Thanks!

http://www.calfaucets.com/large-image.asp?image=/assets/products/full/3608[1].jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: See tub on manufacturer's website

Comments (2)