SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monicakm1

Mongo: Bain Ultra 'Heated' Backrest Question

monicakm_gw
16 years ago

Another couple questions for you Mongo. Hope you don't mind. I have the Thalassa model. The specs indicate the tub has a heated backrest. After my first time in the tub (last night) I mentioned to DH that I couldn't feel any heated area on the backrest. He said it didn't have one, basing that statement on the fact that he saw no electrical or anything on that area of the tub to make it "heated". What makes the backrest "heated"? Also, the diagrams in the owner's manual shows "air heaters" in some of the installation diagrams. These air heaters are for double heated backrests. Are these considered "in line heaters"? Why wouldn't/couldn't a single heated backrest have an air heater? Somewhere in my research, I've read about people installing in line heaters for their air tubs. I've called BU's tech support twice about adding an in line heater. They said doing so wouldn't allow the user to add bath additives :o I'm not a plumber or electrician so maybe this makes sense to them but it certainly doesn't to me!

Thanks,

Monica

Comments (8)