SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oofasis

Help me get off my hands and knees to clean my laminate floors!

oofasis
15 years ago

We installed really gorgeous laminate floors about eight months ago. Love them -- a rich cherry plank with wonderful texture and beveled edges with a very low sheen. My problem is my dog's dribble. It doesn't disappear with a wipe from a wet cloth -- it requires major elbow grease, swiping back and forth over and over a few times before the spots disappear.

It wouldn't be so bad if his dribbles were limited to near his water bowl, but our 16 year old Bichon is nearly completely blind and has a somewhat limited capacity in getting around, so we keep several water dishes around the house to make it convenient for him. Let me assure you, those spots are everywhere and they look awful!

I've been cleaning the floors with Miracle cloths wrung out really well, using water and a bit of white vinegar. The results are terrific, but I can't keep cleaning my floors on my hands and knees!!! I work fulltime, will turn 60 in a couple of months, and I've got 2000+ sf of laminate on the floors!!!

I've tried one of those squeegie mops but find I can't wring them out well enough, which means I have to go over the mopped area with a dry cloth to prevent water spots. What am I doing wrong??? Is there a better kind of mop I should be using? Oh, get me off my knees, will ya?

Comments (13)