SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jra2127

Need a new vacuum but I can't commit to a dyson

jra2127
14 years ago

I know this has been discussed many times. So many times that it is difficult to follow all of the threads so here it is again.

I have a great vacuum. A 1970's Panasonic. It doesn't look pretty, the cord is always a tangled mess that has to be untangled before every use and the clips to wrap it up are long gone but it does suction-wise its job very well. I hate to get anything else because I don't want to be disappointed with something new that doesn't work as well. But...its belts keep breaking and we can't find ones that fit so everytime we have to buy wider and cut the belts down to size. Plus, I have a feeling that it is only a matter of time.

I don't really want a dyson. Sure, the warranty and the washable filters sound great but for $500+ dollars, I think a lot of the $500 is for the trend. I don't mind $500 if I know that it will work like my panasonic but I read so much dyson's great/dyson's not worth the money to be convinced that dyson's the way to go.

I hate bags so how about a bagless bissell or new panasonic or an electrolux. I don't want a kirby besides the money I want to be able to whip out the wand when I pass a cobweb in the corner or I will forget about it and miss it.

Comments (14)