SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

advice on decorating/color schemes for small bath?

melissastar
14 years ago

I'm doing a quick and dirty update of a small (5X6) bathroom...new paint, towels, shower curtain, light fixtures, medicine cabinet and mirror. But so far, a clear picture of what I want is eluding me. I'm hoping for inspiration/suggestions from all you creative folks out there.

What I have to work with: Small (4') clawfoot, cast iron tub, now painted pale blue on the outside (I want it a different color for sure...maybe red?), vintage white wall-mounted corner sink, with built in high backsplash. Large old window--well-kept golden oak. Newish oak floor. Painted beadboard wainscoting,

The bathroom is used by my teenage son, so I'm looking for something not too fussy (no skirt on sink, for example...he'll just end up drying his hands on it!) Maybe rather rustic/vintage in look...I've been thinking vaguely of a vintage medicine cabinet and barn-type lighting.

But I'm stuck on colors and on the oak window. (And by the way, I HATE those oak toilet seats...SEEM so unsanitary!)

Would love to hear any ideas for color schemes or other touches that would make it special and fun, at a reasonable cost.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert