SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smalls_gw

Is There An Easier Way To Clean My Floor???

smalls
16 years ago

We recently moved into a larger home. The living room (which is a pretty big area), hallway, bathroom, and utility area are all tile floors (a beige-like color). The previous tenants obviously didn't upkeep the floor well at all, and there is black stuff just ground into all of it, along with scuff marks. It is horrible looking. I have mopped numerous times to no avail. I tried my steam mop on it a few times, which didn't work either. So I decided yesterday to get down and scrub, and started with the utility area (smallest area of the house). Well, I used clothes washing detergent mixed with warm water (saw tip on cleaning show) and a scrub brush, paper towels to dry. It did clean it up pretty well (or MUCH better than it was). HOWEVER, I had to REALLY scrub and it took about 2 hours of hard scrubbing and "elbow grease" just to do that one small area. Needless to say, the utility area is as far as I got. It would take me a short year to do the living room, hall and bathroom, and the thought is dreadful. Also, I have a 14-month-old and a 7-year-old, plus all my other housework, and don't have a lot of free time to scrub the floors, since there is a lot of floor to scrub.

So, does anyone know of an easier way to get the grit and grime off my floors or some kind of gadget/product that may make it easier? I know it is probably going to have to be scrubbed regardless, but is there something easier that would suffice or a product that would work better where the scrubbing is easier???

HELP!!!!!!!!

Comments (19)