SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kotena_gw

Please HELP estimate non-construction costs

kotena
15 years ago

I know you are all experienced people here. I need to udnerstand and estimate our non-construction costs. We live in VA. I work for a national builder and may use our vendors for personal use. I know their qaulity and prices. We do not plan to build anything fancy, a simple house 2000-2500sf. We just think it would be cheaper to build ourselves then hire a builder. We plan to have a supervisor (superintendent) ILO GC, we plan to use the vendors from my company. My husband is pretty a handyman - knows how to do fundaments and up to roofing. I.e. he can also be on the site few hours a day. We are thinking to build the house up to drywall, and then have it finished ourselves.

I am interested in your opinion on the endevour. Also I would be interested to know how much I should expect to spend on:

1 demolition of a small dwelling unit existing on the lot (no basement, slab on grade, one story)

2 - permits

3 - architectural plan - design etc

4 - all permits for plan and building

5 - would that be a problem to pass final inspections if we do all work after drywall ourselves?

6-any other costs I did not mention that I will have to incurr prior we break the ground?

Comments (11)