SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
psyohe

Help me plan this bath and closet

Peke
10 years ago

I need to remodel my master bath and closet. Currently, the hanging rods cross each other at the corners so that is wasted space.

We have a full bath and a half bath in the master bedroom. Crazy, I know. I can't imagine why the previous owners did that. So in the full bath, I only need one sink. I guess I will get rid of the tub and put a walk in shower or a steam shower. I thought about a soaking tub, but they use so much water plus I don't think I have room.

To get to the closet you have to go through the bathroom. I need one rod about 2' wide for hanging long clothes, but the rest can be double rods and shelves. We currently have two shelves that I drew on the diagram. We can keep them or move them.

There is a hot water tank in the corner of the closet. It backs up to the wall that has the sink. We thought about putting a tankless water heater in, but I am not sure where to put it. We have the water and gas lines there already so it shouldn't be a big deal.

The toilet needs to stay where it is, but we can move the wall between the toilet and bathtub closer to the toilet if we need more room. We could tile two walls and have two glass walls for the steam shower. I am not sure about the negative aspects of a steam shower so I am hoping someone can help with that information. I also need to figure out where the steam generator will go. It may need to go on the wall by the toilet but I don't know much about them.

If we don't put a steam shower in, we will just make a walk in shower. Our last house had a 5'x6' open shower and we loved it.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Peke

Comments (11)