SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beverett1

Bye-Bye Tub! Need help with Master Bath Floor Plan

Barbara
6 years ago

I am getting rid of my master bath whirlpool tub and I am changing my shower to a curbless one. The shower will be a little longer than the current one, but the same depth. The entrance will be on the side where the tub is now.

I need ideas of what to do with the tub space. This bathroom is in my forever home, so we are paying attention to aging in place. I have a two-sink vanity. I was thinking about putting a makeup vanity where the tub is currently. I also have been trying to figure out a place for two clothes hampers that are out of sight. I have been thinking about taking out the linen closet and replacing it with a built-in cabinet that might provide more space than the closet has. I have ten-foot ceilings, but the closet door is regular height which means that there is wasted space in the top of the closet. I also have thought about widening the doorway from the bathroom to the master closet since the doorway is only 29" wide. Widening the doorway would not negatively impact the closet space. I hope there is someone out there who can help me with some suggestions and thoughts so I can better process the space for my retirement years.

Comments (39)