SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pepperidge_farm

Tile to Ditra to wood subfloor... Again

pepperidge_farm
12 years ago

Hi guys!

I am starting a new project and needed a quick refresher from my favorite experts.

I am going to be laying tile over Ditra which will be applied to a subfloor. The subfloor is over a crawlspace that has a vapor barrier underneath but the crawl space is damp (in the Adirondacks- the house is by a pond) in 2 separate areas.

My plan is floor- to- modified thinsest- to Ditra- to - unmodified thinset- to tile.

If this is correct (I totally cannot remember how I did it last time!!) I would appreciate the latest and greatest brand recommendations on modified and unmodified thinset.

Also, I will be Tiling the mud room and the area in front of the front door. I was going to look at some of the Schluter Transition profiles as I have otherwise no idea how to transition from the tile to the wood floor. We are trying to match the heights- it's a new wood floor too. I remember skimming this info way back when in passing.

Guidance? I feel like I have amnesia from all the work I did and all the reading I did a few years ago!

Comments (14)