SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
randekasp

Please offer feedback!

randekasp
11 years ago

I have a small shower footprint to work with. The space between the half wall and where the shower head will be is 34". ( I posted 24" by accident. thanks for catching that!)The long space between back wall, where niche is and opening of where glass door will be is 42". Of course, it would be better if shower head were on back wall, but I understand it is against code to have shower head facing door. As you look over half wall into shower, that is the view walking into the bathroom. might look nicer to have niche opposite of half wall, but that is an exterior wall and I understand that this is also against code. I want(ed) to do it right, so no issues come up when I sell, which won't me for several years. But I am thinking the way it is may be 1) too claustrophobic and 2) nicer to see niche rather than showerhead when you walk in.
As I see it there are 3 options. 1). Leave it. 2). Trade shower head and niche walls. 3). Move shower head to above niche and place handle below niche. ( using elbow pipes I guess). What do you think? Seems I can only upload 1 picture, so will post again now with other view

This post was edited by randekasp on Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 2:04

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert