SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gneebee

remodeling, replacing garden bath... heated tub or free standing?

gneebee
14 years ago

We're about to begin remodeling our master bath after recently remodeling 4 other bathrooms, removing all of the old combo fiberglass units & tiling in new shower walls, etc. We have a bath in the basement with a cast iron tub/shower. Two of the upstairs baths have 3'x5' showers only while the 3rd has a tub/shower combo. Now we're moving to the main floor and making decisions regarding our master bedroom/bath which has 1992 floral wallpaper, cultured marble (white with black swirl) counter tops, a 3'x5' shower, and a large matching garden tub built into a 70" wide alcove.

The rectangular deck of the garden tub sticks out several inches beyond the alcove and I'd like to go smaller. I honestly don't use the tub b/c it takes too long to fill and then it's too difficult to keep the water temp warm. DH wants to replace the garden tub with a free standing tub. Likes the look of the Victoria Albert models, although there are only a couple that are small enough. I was thinking a Hotsoak tub might would be nice since the water would stay warm with the inline heater, but he's asking if I'd really use it enough. There is a Hotsoak Lacey that measures 60X30 or 60x32, I think but no one around carries Hydrosystems so I can't see it. One local supplier does carry Aquatics hotsoak tubs.

'Just wondered if anyone has advice, suggestions. I'm sure I don't want a whirlpool, but would just like to have warm water for a relaxing bath every once in a while. We're 55 & 59. I think it might be soothing to sit in a tub and warm up the muscles.

Comment (1)