SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol500

Ranges vs. wall ovens? Tell the truth!

carol500
13 years ago

I am in the process of designing out new kitchen. Friends, family and even sales people are telling me that bending over to remove the food from a oven that is below your stove (a range) is not fun or recommended. "Why do that" they say when you could just get a double wall oven and then you don't have to worry about hurting your back especially when you get older (some casseroles, turkey, etc can be quite heavy)?! The truth is that I've always (the last 25 years) had a cooktop with the knobs on the top and a double wall oven and I've ALWAYS wanted a commercial looking range! I am planning on getting a 36' Bluestar or Capitol and since that size only has one oven I will still be getting a single wall oven, so I will have the best of both. But please tell me how you feel about the bending over and if you feel that the looks and the results are worth paying for a range, since a cooktop plus a double oven probably would be a lot less expensive. I think I will be disappointed if I don't get a range but logic says get the double ovens!

Comments (29)