SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsh01

Overwhelmed by dust!

mrsh01
12 years ago

I need as much help as I can get! I'm an admittedly bad housekeeper. I'm so tired when I'm home that I do the bare minimum - wiping off counter surfaces, putting dishes away. I'm bad about other things, but I do try to dust and vacuum because my husband and I both have allergies.

We live in a townhouse with electric baseboard heat. We've been here for 7 years, and I've never lived anywhere where the dust was so overwhelming. I swear it regenerates itself instantly! I can wipe off a surface, and 30 seconds later it's dusty again. I can actually see dust floating in the air all the time.

I dust, clean with a portable steam cleaner, vacuum several times a week, and still there's dust floating around, covering surfaces, piling up on the laminate floors.

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with an overwhelming amount of dust, other than literally dusting 25 times a day as a full-time job? Is there anything we can install in an electric heating system that might help?

I feel like I'm going crazy. I can't even decorate the way I want, because my candles end up coated in dust, and wall hangings and decorative pieces and other things just end up becoming places for more dust to settle. It really and truly is more dust than I've ever seen in anyone's home, and I feel like there's got to be some kind of weird cause of it, but I can't imagine what it might be.

Comments (20)