SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midwestmama_gw

Marble for Dummies... I'm so confused

midwestmama
14 years ago

We are building and I am finally starting to focus on the master bath. We have planned a double shower, double sinks, toilet, and linen closet. I saw a picture on here of a bathroom in carrara marble and fell in LOVE!!! Oh I can't TELL you how much I love that. But the more I read, the more I get scared.

We are not high maintenance people. We have 4 boys (but they have other bathrooms) I have never heard of Kerdi before, and saw it mentioned in here. I have to research it more, right now I have no idea, but am afraid since it is different it will be yet another thing that means more $$$!

So, whats the deal, is it that difficult to keep looking good? I have heard nightmares about it as a countertop material, so thinking I wouldn't want to risk it on our vanity. Not sure how to work that so it still looks good. Perhaps I should just rule marble out and go on to other options.

Clue me in, while I LOVE the look, I can live with something else if it means that it doesn't start falling apart or looking bad.

Wow, I always thought doing my whole house would be fun. I'm overwhelmed trying to design each room right at the same time! I think we're just doing 1 piece fiberglass tub/shower combos in the other two bathrooms!!!

Comments (4)