SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Pity Party Leap Year Table

christmascandy
12 years ago

I set this table for leap year using a couple of frogs that I possess.

I'm having a little pity party for myself right now. My DH and I got our marriage license/married on this date in 2000. We actually had our wedding ceremony in March and chose the March date as our anniversary. That being said, I still wanted to recognize the date and asked if I could take him out to eat to celebrate our 3rd license day.

DH replied that he had a large late lunch and wasn't hungry. Then he said he would take me out for a piece of pie after his AA meeting or we could go out on Friday night. I gave up sweets for Lent, so the pie offer is no good and I wanted to celebrate tonight, so he offered to go to the movies! I don't see that as a celebration so I declined and he said I was being unreasonable.

I'm setting here posting pictures and DH is at his AA meeting.

Am I being unreasonable? I need some other perspective here.

OK, back to the table:

I used a light blue TS tablecloth for the "pond", brown placemats for the mud, wooden chargers and wooden handled flatware for the logs in the pond, the dark green plates for the lily pads, pink cattails and reedy looking silk flowers for the CP. The 2 frogs for "LEAP" year, and I use the lily pad on my outdoor fountain in the summer.

Except for the silk flowers, every other item on this table is from a thrift store, including the green goblets. The plates are really heavy and are slightly off round with a bronze metallic rim that didn't come out well in the photos.

Anyway, I could use some feedback on my situation. Do you think I'm being unreasonable?? I need someone not emotionally involved to give me some perspective.

Thanks for listening.

Candy

Comments (14)

Sponsored
More Discussions