SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cupofkindness

Opinions Please:What do you think of a black floor in a bathroom?

cupofkindness
14 years ago

I am working on the final details of my black/white/pink girls bathroom and I've decided for reasons of practicality and ease of care that I'm going to put in a vinyl floor. I originally hoped to install an Amtico floor, but due to the way the vinyl tiles are sold, I have to by far more tile than I need, so I'm going with sheet flooring.

I've found several types that might work with my color scheme (no pink floors, of course!). The market is absolutely saturated with bieges, but there is very little in the way of grays or blacks. So I don't have a lot of choices.

The tub room measures 60" (where the bathtub is sitting in an alcove) by 80". The rest of the space is a toilet and a linen cabinet. The sink room is also 80" wide, but it's a bit shorter, 56" and that's how long my double sink counter is, so there isn't a lot of room there. The cabinets will be white painted maple topped with Cambrian black granite. The linen closet will also have the black granite on it's counter. All hardware is shiny chrome.

The walls of this room will be pale pink, and the trim will be white. I plan to put a small vanity on the opposite wall from the sinks. At this point, the top of this will be black granite as well. But I can change this if the room starts to feel too black. I have a Solutube in the sink room so that there is lots of natural lighting, even on a cloudy day.

So in general, what is a good floor color for a black-white bathroom? Is gray too cold? My first choice would be a fake marble diagonally laid checkerboard in black and white, but again, that's too expensive. The black floor I'm leaning towards is by Flexitech. I really can't link to that right now, but I'll keep looking on-line for a good visual.

Or do you think a black-white diagonal checkerboard in sheet vinyl would work in such a confined space? What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Armstrong Ebony and White Checkerboard Floor

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville