SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ponydoc_gw

I think our bathroom junction boxes are too low.

ponydoc
16 years ago

Now that the vanities and pedestal sinks are in, I think the junction boxs are too low. Not really noticeable without anything to compare it too. I am pretty sure I told the electrician I wanted fixtures "over" the mirrors.... that didn't mean I wanted fixtures like you would see in a public restroom. My bad I guess. Anyhoo - the fixtures I have picked all have a 10- 11 inch drop. That would make them about the level of DH's forehead... not to mention the logistics of placing mirrors etc.

One bathroom already has to have it moved as it's off center with the vanity. In our master bath I may have them just change completely and wire for side sconces. In the kid's bath I think I will stick with the same. SO that means six in total need moved- eight if you add two for us to do side sconces. Should I do this or should I rethink my lighting? ( PS I do not want to rethink lighting - there are not many nice fixtures that do not have some type of projection.)

My other option is to turn the fixtures up...... I don't want to do that either.

We have had a really effortless build... this is the first thing I am just not happy with and will have a tantrum if it's not changed at little to no expense. This is something I feel the electrician should have had a handle on.....

PD

Comments (6)