SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lotteryticket

Need help choosing tile and stone for new MBR

lotteryticket
10 years ago

I'm in the final stages of remodeling the master bathroom and have finally met my Waterloo! I have had no problem picking out the tub, sink, vanity, lights, faucets, etc. But I am really stuck on the tile and stone.
So here are the details:

The floor will be American Cherry. We have enough leftover to do the room so this decision is final. Yay!

The shower is curbless and will have frameless glass. One wall will have a feature tile. I am leaning towards the vine mosaic below. But should I do it in Carrara or Calalcatta? There is only a small price difference. The Calacatta gold tones pick up the cherry floor nicely. But then the field tile should be Calacatta as well. There is a significant price difference between the two field tiles.

The shower floor will be a basketweave tile out of either Carrara or Calacatta. Again, not much price difference between the two.

There is a separate tub. I would like to use the vine tile as the backsplash around the tub between 9" and 18" high with a moulding to cap it.

Next is choosing the vanity counter and tub deck. I really like the look of soapstone or Jet Mist granite. Will that work with the marble? Especially on the tub where they will be right next to each other? Or should I go with Carrara to match? The Jet Mist seems like it might be a little too "energetic" but the Carrara might be a little bland. Calacatta as the counter top is a total show stopper. It's just too expensive.

Any thoughts (if you've read this far!) ? I've been going back and forth for weeks and I really need to decide in the next couple of days!

Thanks!

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio