SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

St. Paddy's Day Centerpiece Idea

lynninnewmexico
15 years ago

I don't decorate for St.P Day anymore. DD's birthday is the very next day, so I decorate for that instead. She'll be fifteen this year, and the annual b'day parties here for her little friends are things of the past, but she still enjoys special "Emily" decorations.

I did want to tell you about a St.Patricks Day centerpiece I made years ago, though, and used when we had our (Before Emily) annual St. Patricks Day dinner parties. Everyone loved it, especially the kids. I wish I had a picture of it to share with you, but I can't find one :`(

I bought a black plastic flower pot at the local nursery or Target. It looked very much like a leprechaun's pot for his gold, rounded and even had the wire-look handle. I filled most of it with an upside down pot that took up most of the space inside, tucking plastic dry cleaner bags around and over it to fill more of the space. I left about 4-6" open at the top and filled that space with yellow Easter grass. I topped it all with lots of gold foil covered chocolate coins. I'd found a leprechaun pinata at a nearby store and stood him next to the pot for the centerpiece on my buffet table. I scattered more of the "gold" coins around him along with small green foil shamrocks. My white cutwork table runner looked great under this arrangement.

Anyhoo, I thought I'd throw this idea out even though I don't have a picture of it to share.

Lynn

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions