SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamingoftheup

Where did you buy your lighting & plumbing fixtures?

DreamingoftheUP
10 years ago

Continuing saga of my 1950's bathroom restore......

I like to get a hands-on feel, so took a few hours on Saturday to visit some kitchen/bath/lighting showroom places. (Up to this point, all browsing has been online only.) My initial intent was to just look but shop online in order to get a better deal.

I got to the lighting showroom early so it was empty and immediately got cornered by a gal who wanted to assist me. I looked around and settled on the two lighting fixtures I wanted all along. She worked out the numbers after telling me she'd give me 'contractor' prices. I resisted rolling my eyes.

Surprise, surprise - the prices she gave me for both fixtures, including sales tax, were significantly cheaper than online prices even with no sales tax and 'free' shipping.

When I got to the kitchen & bath showplace, it was packed. All the designers/consultants were busy and I didn't have time to wait, only to look at the items being considered. So, don't know what deal they had to offer.

It's been a LONG time since I purchased bathroom fixtures - long before buying on the internet. Was wondering where others have done their shopping.

This post was edited by DreamingoftheUP on Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 11:17

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals