SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

'Dish Addict' Finds

jeannespines
14 years ago

Well, in the last 6 wks or so, I've added to my "dish addict" syndrome...mainly because of being led to this Holiday Forum! Ummmmm!

Here's some good "finds" from thrift shops & other sale items over that time...I've taken the pics on my paper cutter so you can see the size:

Plum Blossom dinnerware found at TS (one of my fav places) for 50 cts. each pc....got 4 cup plates, 4 cups, 2 bowls, 2 small plates (that's all that was to be found!):

I love pottery ... so these will be fun to use...we've been using them for snacks & such...here's the logo:

Went back there the other day with a friend & got these little white dishes..."everyone needs white dishes"...ummm, think I heard that somewhere! LOL... here's the logo:

There is 2 sizes of small bowls plus 2 small plates...I was hoping I could add to these...but not much luck looking for info on Internet...think they were a restaurant type dinnerware:

They are cute & have an embossed design on the edging.

Last month at Gordmans, I found these 4 plates. I've been wanting some "square" plates & love the dinnerware/pottery type...so got these for $3 each on clearance...plus 1 large serving plate for $3:

Today I lucked out at Kohl's & found 4 large bowls with handles like cups...that are the same Sango dinnerware...on clearance for $2.39 each...so I am happy with my set now! I've been ckg. Target & also online & didn't want to spend money for a whole 8-pc setting. These we will use on an everyday basis for soup & sandwiches:

And my last find...today at the consignment shop in town when I got my haircut...been watching these 8 Spode butter plates to see if they would go any lower in price...25% off so paid $12.50 for the set of 8...and a couple mos. ago I would not thought of having these dishes...but the use of transferware on this forum has been so lovely & the use of b&w really has appealed to me...so here's my start:

Ok, that's it! Well.....I did buy some a 10-pc set (not settings) of some blue & white Chinese dishes online GW...will share them with a tablescape sometime soon...also have added some pcs to my winter dishes, Plafzgraf Winter Frost pattern...will try a tablescape before I put them away in the top cupboards.

From a long-winded "dish addict" ...thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
More Discussions