SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
efeuer

Cleaning appliance grates

Liz
11 years ago

Sorry for opening a subject that has been dealt with before, but...

I am embarking on a kitchen remodel and compulsively researching everything. I'm onto appliances and thinking about alternative brands and finishes. I'm concerned about the cleaning issue. I currently have a bisque range (9 years old) with taupe grates. It's very pretty, but boy, those grates are impossible to keep looking good. The inevitable grease spatters get brown and baked on just in the time it takes to cook the meal. If I start with them clean, and then clean up right after dinner, It's a half-hour with Bon Ami and a blue scrubbie and there still will be resistant spots. Even hours of Easy Off in a plastic bag will not necessarily remove them all. I just replaced the grates because the old ones chipped, and the new ones already have indelible spots. Pardon the rant, but this is very frustrating!

I think the basic problem is, with taupe enamel, the spots SHOW. Maybe with the new black cast iron they will be less obtrusive? I gather that the cast iron on new ranges is still porcelain coated, just like mine.

Comments (4)