SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz

OT- I do believe the economy IS finally picking up!

and I'm basing that on all the newbies that have recently starting posting their plans here on GW and telling us they plan to begin building soon!

When I first joined GW back in 2007, this was a happening forum. There were literally dozens of new threads every single day with members in all stages of the building process. Twenty or thirty people at a time would be asking for advice regarding their floor plans and dozens of folks were posting progress pics. The monthly "how is your build progressing thread" would often reach maximum capacity (150 posts?) in just two or three days.

Then, shortly after we broke ground on our build, the economy took that nosedive and participation levels on this board slowly dropped off as people who had started building before the downturn finished their homes and disappeared and fewer and fewer new people who were just starting new builds joined. It got to the point where we were sometimes lucky to see a half dozen posts a day!

By summer 2010, it seemed like practically the only people still posting on this board were those, like myself and katescouros, who had run into major problems in their build which was dragging it out interminably and the dozen or so kind souls who kept cheering us on and offering advice on how to deal with our issues.

So, this is a welcome and a HALALUJIA for all the newbies who are now posting their plans and telling us they are just breaking ground or planning to break ground very soon!!! THAT is proof to me that folks really are starting to feel a bit of confidence in the economy again. I think I'll go out and invest in some stocks... or I would if I had any money left after building my "dream" home. LOL!

Comments (8)