SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_ruth_gw

Thrift store find Blue and White dishes! My first!

mary_ruth
14 years ago

I have always liked Blue and white dishes! I saw some at the thrift store near here. I drove by it every day and the other day I decided to go in there. I got a few things and noticed these blue and white dishes from Bombay. I didn't thin they were anything special (name brand) but the color was nice. $20 for 12 pieces. Today I went in there again, and brought them up to the counter, the lady said '50% off dish sets today'! That means $10 for 12 pieces! That is a better deal so I am glad I waited and got them today.

There were a few other sets I could have gotten, but you know, I am not sure I would use them.

The larger plates are stacked with another underneath. They are the same pattern. So, the top plate and one underneath is the same. There was only two bowls and two small plates. I like this pattern better (Oriental) than the English transferware to go with tropical type colors down here in Florida.

So, ladies I NOW have officially started my blue and white dish collection, my first! Do you believe I have never owned any dishes with blue and white? Hope to mix it with soft turquoises and corals and shells of course.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
More Discussions