SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreambuilder_gw

Please help--can't get house to fit on lot

dreambuilder
11 years ago

We are trying to buy and build on lots 19a and 18a. Lot 18a can not be built on b/c it is the low point so that will be our backyard. Lot 19a slopes so much to the right of the picture that we can not have our driveway on that side b/c the driveway would have too steep a slope. We can build a walk-out. The house on the lots to the left were built right to the lot line (they got a variance to ignore the 5' setback from the lot line). As you can see the set-backs are penciled in.

The lot length is 144.97' but has to be 5' from the left, 20' from the right and 25' from the front of the lot and that is to the eaves of the house which would be 2'. My question is---I do not like how it is laid out b/c it would be impossible to get in and out of the driveway easily and I would basically be backing up into my neighbors house if the garage is built as is. I wanted a side load garage but that looks to be impossible. Can anyone sketch up another alternative? Perhaps an angled design? I would like to block views to the right, or have few windows to that side if possible (which is why I wanted garage over there). We want to build an approximately 2,400 sq. foot ranch. I really hate the look of driving up to a house that is all garage which is why I wanted a side load but what else can I do? Thoughts?

Comments (13)