SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
broeker_gw

Save by ordering online?

broeker
14 years ago

We are purchasing the full line (4) of GE Cafe appliances and were all set to buy from a local retailer. They have a price match policy, but it turns out they would not match the lowest online price I found even if we were willing to pay sales tax. If they had agreed, it would have saved us $250, and we would have purchased by now.

Instead, I decided to call around and look online some more.

I've now found the entire package online for $1,110 CHEAPER (total out of pocket) than the best price I can find locally.

That is a huge savings (almost 20% off) but I can't get over the nagging feeling of "if it sounds too good to be true . . ."

It is from a company called:

http://www.appliancesconnection.com/

and they have 92 4/5 star reviews and no bad reviews at PriceGrabber. But strangely, I find little mention of them elsewhere on the web except for one thread here at GW that contained some unproven speculation including:

(a) they are really AJ Madison

(b) the PriceGrabber reviews are gamed

So, just wondering if anybody knows these folks and/or if this seems like an $1,100 risk worth taking? Normally I'm all about buying local on stuff like this but that really is a significant savings on our already over-budget project. My wife wants to save the money, I still can't get over that uneasy feeling. It seems strange they don't have a SINGLE bad review, anywhere on the web.

Any advice?

Comments (4)